Yeehaw! And we all thought we weren’t getting an update this week. Looks like the joke’s on us – we got a mighty big update this afternoon. If you load up FrontierVille you’ll find new items in the Marketplace, as well as some new Quests! If you want to check out the new items, just load up the Market. I’m not going to cover them in this post. Instead I’m going to focus on the new quests.
Specifically, the new holiday-themed quests! And they involve Fireworks!
As far as we know, there are 3 quests in this cycle – and they’ll be gone in 4 days. [There’s also more, non-firework related quests that came with the update, no word whether those ones will disappear in 4 days too]
Got that? 4 Days, which means either Monday night or Tuesday morning. Yikes!
In order to get the Fireworks, you’re going to have to do some crafting. To craft the fireworks, click your Cabin, then click “Go Inside.” This will bring up the crafting menu. Fireworks take 1 Saltpeter and 5 fire to create. You get the Saltpeter from the brand-new Manure Collection.
In order to collect poop, you need to feed your hungry livestock:
- Poultry Puddin’ – comes from Chicken & Geese
- Piggy Poop – as the name suggests, comes from Pigs
- Brush Brownie – Goats & Sheep
- Prairie Pile – Horses & Mules
- Meadow Muffins – Cows & Oxen
You can find the Manure on your own farm, or your neighbors farm, and you can only collect it from hungry animals (those with yellow arrows above their heads).
If you’re freaking out because you don’t have any Horses or Mules, or that they won’t be hungry in time, fear not!
Frontier Jack, everyone’s mandatory neighbor, has 1 Horse on his property. You can visit Frontier Jack, feed his horse ONCE, then click return to your homestead. After your homestead loads, return to Frontier Jack’s homestead – You’ll have 4 more actions to perform, and his horse will be hungry again! If done correctly, you can feed Frontier Jack’s horse 5 times a day – which is a bonafide way to get the Prairie Pile.
But Fireworks aren’t the only new item. We also have the opportunity to collect the shiny new ultra rare Liberty Bell!
The Liberty Bell does not come from completing quests. You can only receive it from completing the Independence Day Collection. And these items are so rare that they allegedly have a drop rate of 0.02% !
- Tricorne Hat – You can find this from collecting the “Daily Bonus” from your buildings.
- Cannonball – This is the easiest of the five to find, and you get it from feeding chickens. I found mine while searching for poop! 2 birds with one stone – literally!
- Snare Drum – This one is the 2nd easiest to find (notice I only have the easy ones), and you find it from whacking varmints. It’s 2nd easiest because it’s so easy to spawn varmints. ALL varmints (fox, gopher, & bear) count. I got mine from a gopher.
- Powder Horn – You can find this item from chopping your neighbor’s Oak & Pine trees.
- Tea crate – You can find this from clearing “grass.” Remember – grass only spawns on cleared land! So if your Frontier is too crowded Grass won’t grow. Also, grass tends to NOT spawn within or near fences, so take precautions.
Good luck guys! Hopefully one of us will find a Liberty Bell this weekend!
If you happen to find one, please leave a comment or shoot us an email at email@example.com – we’d really appreciate it!