FrontierVille is a social game. Social games are more fun to play with friends. If you don’t have any real-life friends who will be your neighbor, you can find neighbors online at:
At both places you’ll find requests from other players, just like you, who would like to have more neighbors in their game.
Sometimes, you may not know the other person you’re adding as a friend. It’s always best to be safe when you’re interacting with other people online, so you might want to consider creating a friends list for your FrontierVille neighbors. With a friends list you can control just how much of your profile the people on the list can and cannot see. This is a great option if you play a lot of Facebook games and have lots of gaming friends.
If you’d like to create a list, follow these steps:
- After logging in to Facebook, click the ‘Friends’ tab on the left of the screen.
- Click the ‘Create a list’ button.
- A box will pop-up, allowing you to name your list and add friends to it. You can either type in the name of the friends you want to add, or scroll through clicking their profile pictures.
- Click ‘Create List’ when you’ve finished adding friends.
- If you’d like to add more people, you can always edit the list later.
- Once your list is done, click “Account” in the top right corner and select “Privacy Settings.”
- Under the “Sharing on Facebook” heading, select “Custom,” and then click “Customize Settings.”
- Your information will be divided into three separate entries: Things I Share, Things Others Share, and Contact Information. In each section will be a list containing different components of your profile such as “family,” “relationships,” and even your email and phone number (Please don’t put your phone number on your Facebook page, ever).
- To the far right of each item is a little box with an icon of a lock. Click the box and it will drop down with several options. Select Customize.
- A box will pop up. There will be two sections: “Make this Visible to” and “Hide this from”
- In “Hide this from,” enter the name of the friends list we made earlier.
- Click ‘Save Settings’
- Do this for everything you want to keep hidden from your FrontierVille friends. I keep everything private. If I add you as an in-game Neighbor, and I don’t know you in real life, you go on my gaming friends list and you will not be able to see anything except my name, my profile picture, and my network.
- For added protection, at the bottom of the ‘Customize Settings’ page, there is a box with your Contact Info, make sure to hide your email so it’s only visible to you.
Please note that if you already have photos uploaded to your Facebook account, you will need to go into the Album settings for each Album in order to make them private.
And then you’re all set! Add away!